HAPPY NEW YEAR! Can you believe it is January 1, 2018? As much as I welcome the new year and am excited for new starts, I am sad to see 2017 go. 2017 was a good year. Some of the year’s highlights:
- We moved back home to Georgia.
- Brett and I both started new jobs. Brett started a new career.
- We bought a house!
- We’re pregnant with baby luna #1!!!
If 2017 was a great year for us, I can’t imagine what 2018 has in store! It can only get better from here, especially with baby Luna arriving in April.
To start of the new year, I wanted to list our house projects that we hope to accomplish this year. Brett deems year 2018 as the year we tackle the outside. That would be awesome, but we sure do have our work cut out for us! Here are our 2018 house projects:
- Goal: Finish small guest bathroom make-over. Where we are now: 75% completed. Sneak peak below!
- Goal: Guest room. Where we are now: 70% completed. Closet needs work, textiles and lighting need to be replaced. Plan coming soon!
- Goal: replace flooring: Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: nursery. Where we are now: maybe 25%. Popcorn ceilings are removed and smooth ceiling is in place!
- Goal: Built ins installed in family room. Where we are now:0%
- Goal: Master bedroom. Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: Fix deck. Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: Re-grade backyard. Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: Fire pit/ outdoor entertaining space. Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: Update existing screened in porch. Where we are now: 0%
- Goal: Front yard landscaping. Where we are now: 0%
Guest Bathroom Sneak Peak
So far we have painted the walls, the vanity, stained the grout, installed a bathroom fan, and added shelves. We still need to replace the vanity and bathroom hardware, replace can lights with 2 pendant lights, paint and patch ceiling, and accessorize! The progress is coming along and it already looks a million times better than before.
I hope your New Years day is full of movies and relaxing! You can find me curled up on my couch watching a Harry Potter movie marathon all day. Cheers!