Hey there, friend! I am Jessica, and I am so happy you stopped by! First I should explain how The Mountain and Moon blog was created. My husband and I lived, met, and got married in Atlanta, Georgia. My husband has a strong and deep connection to the mountains of Colorado, and soon I adopted that same love too. The day we got married, we packed up my car full of all our things and drove off into the night after our wedding to start the biggest adventure of our lives. We spent our first few days as newlyweds moving across the country to live out our dreams in Colorado. With a lot of free time on my hands and not knowing many people (yet), I was looking for a creative outlet and wanted a way to keep our family and friends in-the-loop. Thus, The Mountain and Moon was created.
ABOUT THE MOUNTAIN AND MOON
1. Brett and I met when we were babies. Technically, Brett and I first met each other when we were babies, or so I was told. Our families were friends when we were little. They went to the same church and our dads played on the same softball team! Our families eventually lost touch until Brett and I truly met (re-met?) when we were both in college working together at Dick’s sporting Goods.
Our first picture we ever took together!
2. The name The Mountain and Moon stems from our love for the Rocky Mountains and our last name (Luna). I originally designed the name to reflect that both Brett and I would be writing the blog, but I (Jessica) kind of took it over. Sorry Brett!
3. My family has run a collective 65 marathons and ultra marathons! Mostly my husband’s family has done all of the work! They have done many ironman races, double ironman distances, 60-mile races, and century rides. You name it and they have probably done it! I have ran a handful of half marathons, 1 full marathon, a few triathlons, and 2 half ironmans. Oh, and did I mention that his whole family and I all do CrossFit! A family that works out together, stays together!
4. I am a nurse. I graduated in 2013 and have since worked in cardiac, medical-surgical, and now am in labor & delivery. I am thankful for a secure job and the ability to explore different avenues of nursing, because I get bored quickly!
5. We adopted two border-collie mixes. We adopted our 2 year old Rosa shortly after we moved. She is mostly border-collie, at least her temperament is. She is all attitude and hates it when you stare at her. We adopted our puppy Finley one year later. He certainly has some lab in him and he is the friendliest dog you will ever meet. We get asked all the time if they are brother and sister!
6. We live in a little one-bedroom apartment near Boulder, Colorado. We actually were living in a 2 bedroom apartment but sold most of our stuff and downsized to a one bedroom to help pay off our debt.
7. My dream career would be an interior designer. In a different life, I would love to go back to school and get my degree in interior designing. I have a passion to totally renovate a home and start from scratch with my husband. Maybe in the future that could be a reality? Stay tuned!
If you have any questions or want to chat, please contact me at themountainandmoon[at]gmail[dot]com.